General Manager The Village at Gulfstream
Summary: This position will have primary responsibility for the day-to-day management and operations of The Village at Gulfstream Park, a mixed-use facility in Hallandale Beach, FL, which is a key component of the overall Gulfstream Park entertainment facility. The General Manager directs all operating aspects retail and office portions of the project, including physical property operations, billing and collections, reporting, and tenant, community and vendor relations. Further, the General Manager is responsible for achieving revenue and expense targets included in the annual Business Plan and Budget.
The Village at Gulfstream Park is an operating retail property anchored by the Gulfstream Park racetrack, 20 restaurants and eateries including Brio, Cantina Laredo, and Yardhouse, a Strike 10 bowling facility, and retail stores such as Crate & Barrel, The Container Store, Pottery Barn, and West Elm. The project is approaching its 8th anniversary. This position is an opportunity for a seasoned General Manager to help reposition the center for increased success in the highly competitive SE Florida market.
The General Manager position is supported by a full time Marketing Manager, an Operations Manager, and an Administrative Assistant. This position will functionally report to the Vice President -- Management Services with project reporting to the Project Manager.
The position will be located at The Village at Gulfstream Park, in Hallandale Beach.
• Work collaboratively with team members from all other facets of the facility to ensure the overall vision and mission of the Gulfstream project.
• Ensure the timely collection of rents and work directly with tenants in arrears to collect outstanding balances owed.
• Ensure Tenant compliance with Lease provisions.
• Manage the coordination of all tenant construction activity.
• Work with both the on-site marketing manager and with the Madison Marquette Regional Marketing Director to develop the annual marketing and event plan and budget for review and approval, and ensure the successful implementation of the plan within the established budget.
• Assist MM Leasing Representatives with development of leasing materials and presentation of the property on site tours.
• Fully understand and maintain Madison Marquette operating policies and procedures as defined in Madison’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Ensure that all members of the Property Management Team are trained in, regularly review, and at all times maintain standards defined in the SOP.
• Provide on-going guidance, training and management oversight for employees at the property, with the fundamental objective of creating a safe working environment, and a safe and pleasurable experience for all shopping center customers.
• Complete Property Inspection Reports and Property Audit Reports as per SOP.
• Provide ongoing or special financial reports to each property ownership and Madison Marquette management; prepare annual property operating budgets and lead the development of the annual business plan.
• Negotiate Vendor Agreements and Contracts as per the SOP.
• Authorize ongoing property expenditures and vendor agreements per the client or Madison Marquette Contract and Invoice approval matrix, as applicable.
• Review and approve accounts payable following SOP guidelines and Madison Marquette or client accounting and financial management procedures.
• Maintain on-site records relevant to activities at the property.
• Maintain appearance, cleanliness and safety of the property, to include vacant spaces per the MMRS SOP.
• Engage, coordinate and monitor the activities of contractor services, as necessary, and recommend and direct ongoing maintenance and necessary repairs for the centers.
• Recommend and implement capital improvement campaigns in collaboration with Madison Marquette construction and development professionals
• Promote workplace safety by establishing programs to ensure the property is free of hazards; respond promptly and in person to major emergency situations.
• Represent the shopping center in the local retail community; establish and maintain open and productive communication with landlord representatives, tenants, vendors, community leaders and company employees.
• Plan and conduct regular business meetings with property employees, tenants, vendors, and other groups with interest in the property.
• Monitor tenant sales and work to increase tenant sales productivity.
• Manage center in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws; recommend such legal action as may be required to protect and maintain the financial integrity of the center.
• Continually improve processes related to above duties and responsibilities with the objective of providing the most desirable shopping, dining, living, and working environment at each center, as applicable.
• Work extended hours, including weekends, as necessary, to achieve the desired results for the property.
• Other duties as assigned.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience managing retail or mixed-use property.
• Position requires a Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) in Business Administration or a related discipline from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated management experience, mixed-use retail/office/residential property.
• Experience in oversight of shopping center construction activity, including budget responsibility and working with tenants to maintain acceptable sales levels during construction.
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel
• Proficient in Real Estate accounting software such as MRI or Yardi
• Strong accounting or related experience
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Strong financial reporting experience
• Thorough understanding of commercial Leases
• Valid Drivers License
• Automobile Insurance Coverage
• Real Estate License required
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective leadership abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to consistently deliver on commitments to tenants and residents.
• Meticulous attention to details and accuracy
• Flexible outlook toward task management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting: 40%
• Standing: 30%
• Walking: 30%