The Property Coordinator is responsible for assisting the General Manager in all aspects of the day to day operations of the shopping center. The Property Coordinator must exhibit and maintain a high level of efficiency and organization while creating a professional and cooperative environment.
- Accepts and screens telephone calls and routes calls appropriately
- Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules interviews and appointments, makes travel arrangements and performs other duties related to maintaining supervisors and other schedules
- Answers inquiries concerning activities, operations of the office
- Communicates emergency situations to management
- Opens, sorts and distributes mail and prepares responses to routine inquiries
- Assists General Manager in resolving tenant problems and handling tenant requests, including assuring that tenants abide by the terms of their lease.
- Maintains Property Operating Manual
- Corresponds with tenants and vendors as necessary.
- Prepares and processes leases, lease related correspondence, vendor service agreements, miscellaneous work orders, notices of non-responsibility.
- Prepares and processes for signature: leases, lease amendments and other tenant-related documents.
- Deposit and log rental payments upon receipt. Coordinates updating receivables with center accountant.
- Monitor aged delinquency reports weekly, request payments and prepare default letters under the instruction of the General Manager.
- Assists with the day-to-day supervision of maintenance, security, and landscape staff. Reviews security and maintenance reports daily. Works with Maintenance Director, Security Director, and Landscape Supervisor in resolving operational issues.
- Ensures proper reporting of injuries/property damage at the shopping center. Facilitates accident and injury claims with insurance company.
- Prepares narrative section of monthly operating report. Coordinates production and distribution of report to Ownership.
- Assists General Manager with preparation of Annual Business Plan.
- Works with Marketing Director on coordination of events.
- Works extended hours, including weekends, as necessary to achieve desired results for the property.The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Valid Driver’s License
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of professional experience preferably in a commercial or retail leasing environment
- A stable job history
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Adobe programs
- General office accounting experience strongly preferred
- Ability to draft appropriate business communication