- Schedule preventative maintenance programs assigned to the department by General Manager.
- Schedules and coordinates work orders and maintains the quality of work performed.
- Supervises and assists Maintenance employees. Ensures the appropriate inventory systems, records/files, supplies, tools and equipment are maintained. Responsible to continually educate the maintenance technicians to insure they perform their job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment.
- Ensures the appearance and cleanliness of the centers meets management and client requirements. Immediately reports to General Manager any tenant issues, site cleanliness and/or vendor quality control issues relating to the property.
- Maintains Vendor and Contractor files assisting the General Manager who is responsible to prepare the contracts and obtain the required insurance. The Facilities Manager shall track contract and insurance expiration dates and notify the General Manager accordingly.
- Maintains positive tenant relations and fosters same for the maintenance employees.
- Administers compliance of local, state, and federal laws pertaining to property in areas such as fire, safety, hazardous material access, etc.
- Controls expenses, codes invoices, and researches billing discrepancies as it relates to the center maintenance matters.
- Assists with developing and managing annual common area maintenance and capital budgets.
- Solicits bids and proposals for common area maintenance and capital budgets jobs.
- Performs job walks with engineering staff as well as outside vendors.
- Coordinates access to the property including vacant spaces for contractors, architects, etc. Completes design/MEP review of all prospective tenants with the assistance of the licensed engineering firms and design representatives.
- Works extended hours, including weekends, as necessary to achieve the desired results for the portfolio
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Organizational Relationships: Interacts directly with General Manager, Marketing Directors, Accounting Personnel and Maintenance employees.